Saturday, March 21

Boxes of Boxes

I'm unpacking. Can't you tell? I'm doing the big push of just freakin' emptying the boxes so I now have individual pieces of crap all over the house, but at least the boxes are noticeably dwindling. The kids have more toys than any of us know what to do with and I need to do some stealth thinning. And we have a lot of stuff that I'm getting rid of now (like hooded towels--I had saved all those baby hooded towels and the kids just aren't wrapping themselves in ducky hooded towels any more). Freecycle has been my best friend these past few days.

Adam's best friend has been the Container Store. he is elfa-ing like crazy. At this second, he's knee-deep configuring our pantry (I'll add a picture here when he's done). He's also done the fourth--yes, fourth--Ikea run in the past three weeks (our house is embarrassingly filled with Expedit shelves).

And now I need to find a space for everything. We have lots of room, but a lot of the stuff I have is "display" stuff, and I don't have many surfaces for "display" at the moment. My mom sent me a ton of my grandmother's stuff--about a year ago I went through her house (with the other grandkids) picking out things we wanted. And then she packed it all up and saved it for the year while we did our house remodel. Which is great, but as I'm unpacking, I don't remember what half the stuff is. Some of the stuff is super cool--I have this musical cigarette holder of my grandmother that makes me want to take up smoking (not really, Mom; it's just a joke). And most of the stuff is cute tchotchkes that I want out and about.

Okay, break over. Time for sushi and then more unpacking. No rest till the boxes are gone!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home