Sunday, August 30

Monkeys for a Monkey

The boy has been asking for a pet pretty much since he learned to speak. It's not going to happen. I'd be more than happy to get a cat, but my mother is deathly allergic and Adam himself gets the sneezies around them. I'm not a dog person. Not even a little bit. I could probably handle having a dog in the house, except that we all know I'd be the one taking care of it. And that's not going to happen. We've considered the guinea pig/fish/hamster route, but frankly, it just seems like a lot of work for a pet that's not going to give much in the way of cuddly fun back. And so, you guessed it, that's not going to happen.

You can imagine Doodles's glee when his California friend, T. Rex, sent him Sea Monkeys for his birthday. A pet, at last! One the whole family could be satisfied with!

He eagerly put in packet one and waited 24 hours for the water to purify, asking approximately every 12.9 minutes, "Is it twenty-four hours now?" He put in his packet of Sea Monkeys, and waited for them to hatch. They did so early, which caused a little concern on the boy's part, but he got over it.

Doodles: Mommy, I need to go talk to Tally.
Me: It's dinner time. What do you need?
Doodles: I promised I'd tell her when the Sea Monkeys started to hatch!
Me: Okay. You can do it quickly.
Doodles: Can she come see them?
Me: Just for a moment. You need to have dinner.

Doodles runs across the street to retrieve a very excited Tally. As they walk into the house, I overhear them talking...

Doodles: They're really cool!
Tally: What do they look like?
Doodles: They look like sperm! Only a lot bigger.

Nothing like a kid who tells it like he sees it!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home