Sunday, March 10

KPLU plays "Sunday Night Blues." How apropos. I had to turn it off and put in a Subdudes c.d., because it was doing its job too well. I hate Sunday nights. Only 12 more of them after this one (there are more than that, but I miss a few mondays at work. I have to leave to get Adam at the airport in about 20 minutes, so I figured it was a good time for an update.

Wedding Stuff
Six weeks from now and I'll be an old married lady. I worry because everyone promised the wedding would consume my life and it hasn't. It makes me think that I must be missing something. But every thing seems to be going smoothly. I had a lovely brunch today with David and Alisa--totally bummed that we'll be on our honeymoon when they get married. Alisa came with me to get the dress from the seamstress. Seems to be fine. She moved the buttons and there are tiny pinpricks. She could have moved them back, but I decided that you had to be looking to see the pinpricks and it did seem to make a little difference in ease of closing them and the way they lay. Responses are trickling in. We've gotten just over half in. The reply by date is this Friday. We'll see how many we get in the next week or so (I figure a bunch of people will mail them on the reply by date). The rehearsal invitations are at the printers. They'll be somewhat more formal looking than the wedding invites since we're having them done, thermography and all (figured we'd do them like Shannon's since my grandparents are hosting ours as well as hers). Met with Andy tonight to talk about the guest book (which he's making). He has some good ideas. He has pretty much free reign over it. And that's where wedding stuff stands.

Las Vegas
Vegas, baby, Vegas. I won't say too much of it here--it was probably tamer than you're imagining, but it was oh-so-much fun. The weekend of girl bonding was much needed, and it didn't hurt that I paid for the trip with a night at the black jack tables. The most decadent it probably got was us at the Bally's buffet (mmmm, Bally's buffet), but there was still plenty o' drinking, gambling, and dancing (rah! or Ra, as the case may be). The bunny ears and wedding veil were a touch embarrassing (as was the list Melissa brought of all my ex-boyfriends), however, that may have been the luck that won me all that money at the tables. Either that and the lucky socks earlier in the day. I forgot to pack socks, so I had to buy some. Nice black ones with big green hundred dollar bills on them. Oh yeah, baby. I was so money.

Everything Else
People keep asking what I'm going to do in Boston. I don't know! Stop asking. I'll let you all know as soon as I decide. I wish I could wear a sign, "Yes, we're selling the house, no I don't know if we'll be buying or renting, yes, I'll be looking for a job, no I don't know in what, yes, it is all very exciting and scary, no, I don't mind going."

Hey, how did it get to be so late? Must run to the airport now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home