Thursday, June 6

Saw a great flick last night at SIFF, No News from God. A little cliche, perhaps, but really well executed. It's a Spanish film about the battle over the soul of a boxer, fought out by two angels, one from Heaven (who knew Paris was Heaven?) and Hell (where everyone speaks English). Penelope Cruz, who I usually find rather annoying, had a real swagger about her in this film, and if it weren't for the horribly uncomfortable wooden seats in the balcony of the Egyptian Theater, I wouldn't have looked at my watch once.

Does anyone else find it at all morbid that basically for Queen Elizabeth's Jubilee, the queen is celebrating the death of her father?

The last day of work is becoming bizarrely close, which is a good thing, as yet another respected coworker has chosen to leave. But the closer the end of work comes, the sooner my road trip is! I realized how much there is to prepare--must pack, figure out where we're staying (meeting Mom in Boston), buy some interview clothes on the off chance I can get someone to give me a job interview, make a plan of attack for when I get to town. Need to figure out how I'll be spending my birthday. Doesn't feel like my birthday is coming up. I guess when you're in your mid-thirties, birthdays just stop mattering as much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home