Monday, April 8

What a whirlwind of a weekend and it's only going to get worse! I had problems sleeping last night thinking of all the stuff to get done.

My shower this past Saturday was absolutely wonderful. Julie and Pam outdid themselves, making a lovely keepsake book filled with cards that folks had sent in with notes. The Tweedle Twirp's was a "Bobo Sez." No one understood why I laughed so hard at it, but it was great. The food was spectacular. In honor of our Italian honeymoon, they had a spread of antipasti, polenta and sausage, this incredible pasta salad, loads of bread, and gelatto and biscuits for dessert. Oddly, it was hard sitting there being the center of attention opening presents like I was 10 again and it was my birthday party. It's a weird sensation. Of course, Adam thought the gifts were nice, but he got completely excited the next day when the gang stopped by to drop the wedding present off. A Weber gas grill with all the accoutrements. I won't let him open it until we get to Boston, but I'm pretty sure I saw him drooling. The best part of it? He had to write nine thank you cards that went with it.

Speaking of the honeymoon, we finally made our reservations. Some nice places. The place Peter suggested was majorly out of our budget, but we found some places that were nice without using up all of our wedding money. We'll be in Florence for Tuesday night through Thursday night at the hotel I thought looked nice, the Boscolo Hotel Astoria . Friday night through Sunday night we're in Siena at a hotel a coworker recommended, Palazzo Ravizza. Monday night and Tuesday night we're back in Florence at the hotel Adam liked best, the Montebello Spledid. We already have our reservations to see the Uffizi and to visit David. I'm ready to start the eating!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home