Tuesday, March 26

The flight from Miami to Seattle is one of the most annoying ever. However, it occurred to me that barring any family emergencies, yesterday's trip was very well the last one I'll make. All future flights to Miami will be the shorter hop from the northeast. Odd that I can already start counting "lasts."

My cousin's wedding was interesting. The highlight for me was when Adam asked Annie to dance, she danced with him for two minutes and then stopped, declaring, "You don't know how to dance!" I knew it wasn't all me! The ceremony was on the beach, open somewhat to the public. Shannon looked gorgeous, of course. Oliver performed the ceremony (a perfect ceremony, my father declared. "Just twelve minutes! Will yours be that short?"). Milo and Annie were adorable ("Will you do as good a job at my wedding?" I asked. Milo said, "Maybe better!" Annie concurred, "Yeah, maybe better!"). A few hitches--the recessional music never played, and there was something wrong with the seating, so that there was a little last minute scrambling. They bucked a few traditions--no first dance, no cake cutting. Adam and I hung with the kids and Oliver, Jennifer, Claudia, and Stoney most of the night, so we had fun. Missed a lot of the Oscars, but we caught the important awards when we got home.

Now, I'm off to my personal trainer. A lovely luxury that turns out to make a real difference in my strength training. Meaning, I now do it. But today I'm tired after the lack of sleep in Miami (it was so hot at night that we couldn't sleep and we spent much of the days napping) and the time difference. Not that my trainer cares. Sigh. Just 14 more days in the office until my vacation. Focus on the candy. Remember the candy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home