Wednesday, August 7

Boston observations:
1) Bugs. The bugs are everywhere. Including the crunchy kind.
2) No beer in grocery stores. Nada.
3) The kosher section in the grocery store is huge. Big signs proclaim the super market bakery is kosher.
4) The Asian food section is small.
5) The music radio stations are all the same. Different numbers on the dial; same music.
6) NPR plays BBC all day (so I've taken to listening to KPLU on my computer; the Seattle radio hosts are vastly superior)
7) My house here is messier than it was in Seattle.
8) The local grocery store doesn't carry Hagen Daz sorbet.
9) The stupid sun won't stop shining.

Tomorrow morning I finish stripping the wallpaper off the bedroom walls (and as my father says, "Thank goodness you're not stripping it off the doors or else it would be doorpaper"). That's a nasty messy job. But it's mine, because we realize I'm much better at destruction than construction. So once I get all the goo off, Adam can take over from there and make the room pretty. The electrician comes tomorrow (yeah! fixing outlets! I have cords draped everywhere to get power to my beloved computer), the appliance repair guy (to fix the broken stove burner) and the gutter guy (for an estimate) come Friday, and the flooring guys come to give an estimate on Saturday (that's the one we may put off doing). Our new sink and vanity for upstairs were ordered today (we were too good for the off-the-shelf variety, so we special ordered ours). I've decided I don't like going to Lowe's/Home Depot because they remind me of Fernley. I enter on and immediately my walk slows to half pace. So much yet to do. I keep wanting to go home and relax... and then I remember I am home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home