Wednesday, October 2

Past Performance Is Not Indicative...

200-mile bike rides? Piece of cake. Triathlons? Do it in my sleep. Half-marathons? Please!

I thought I was tough. I thought could take on any physical challenge.

I have met my match: Spinning. Fast, slow, stand, sit, uphill, downhill. Kicked my ass. Wow. I got sick of feeling draggy so I finally joined a gym. After giving it great thought, I went with the more expensive Gold's Gym rather than the plush, nice new BU gym. Sounds weird, I know, but two things: 1) the BU gym closes at many of the school holidays, which means no access during the winter holidays, when I often need to work out most, and 2) for those of you who know me well, I'm a morning person. If I can't just roll out of bed and into the gym first thing in the morning, I'm just not going to make it at all. Gold's is a 15 minute walk from the house (but who are we kidding? Like I would ever walk there). I can come home and shower without all the fuss. And, their spinning class--three days a week--is at 5:45 a.m., which is perfect for me.

I already hurt. Yikes.

Nanoscary

I'm feeling a little out of my geek league in Nanowrimo this year. The posts are going wild in the forums and if you check some of them out, whoa. People are posting their pictures, telling their life stories, and essentially making this way more social than necessary. I want to write a novel. And I'd like to organize some group writing/coffee/drinking events. I do not want to post to a board everyday. The board has been open for two days. Someone has already posted 77 messages. These sure are people who will have time to write. Is anyone else out there partaking this year? I'd love to be able to commiserate with friends on this one again, even if it is via e-mail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home