Monday, January 20

Nature's History

Hayden Sphere with planetsFirst stop was the American Museum of Natural History where we watched the Harrison Ford-narrated planetarium show, The Search for Life: Are We Alone. Of course, Harrison Ford annoys me (he was incredibly snippy to me during an interview I did with him for Amazon), but getting over that, I just love planetarium shows and they really could be about anything and I'd be happy. The BearI know Adam really enjoyed it as well: he said it was one of the best movie naps he's ever had. We watched the Big Bang theory and checked out the relative sizes display, although half of it was lost on me as it would said, "If Hayden's Sphere is the size of your brain, this model is the size a raindrop would be," and I didn't figured out that Hayden Sphere was the big round planetarium starring me in the face. rhinoAfter a while, I declared I was bored by outer space, so the four us tooled about the museum, getting goofy over the stuffed animals. As Adam says, there will never be another museum created like this one again, since shooting animals and stuffing them for our pleasure is kind of frowned upon these days. Oddly enough, all the primates have a look of surprised fear on their faces. Wonder why? The best part of the museum for me was a photograph exhibition called "Beneath the Antarctic," of a diving expedition. Incredible views.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home