Tuesday, March 25

Pregnancy Rants (Just for the Hell of It)

~I'm not sure how interested all the folks back home are in the pregnancy updates (I can see Eugene and Sang's eyes glazing over), so I'll try to label them so they can skip these sections. It's only fair. I skip all the sport sections in Eugene's blog.
~Last Friday at the doctor's office we heard (as opposed to see) the heartbeat for the first time (yes, you can see a heartbeat. It's a pulsating white blip on an ultrasound). The baby is indeed still there and his/her heart is beating at 150 bpms. The average is 120 to 160 bpms, so I said to Adam, "Would you look at that? Our baby is already above average. S/he is gifted!" And he said, "Either that or just spastic. Maybe you should cut down on the sugar."
~Doc said we could do our ultrasound at our next appointment or schedule it separately. I said, "If we do it separately then that's twice the reassurance that I am indeed still pregnant, isn't it?" She understood me. (She said it's common. Women are reassured and then two weeks after their doctor's appointments, they're convinced again that they aren't really pregnant.) Adam laughed at me, thinking I was kidding, and then called me crazy when I went ahead and made two separate appointments. Although, it does mean we get to find out the sex two weeks earlier (and of course, we want to know).
~How is it possible I've only gained four pounds (three by the doctor's scale, which I think is due to the fact that I wore jeans to the earlier appointments. Now, I can't button those jeans up, so I'm wearing light stretchy pants, which weigh less than the jeans). My tummy is making its presence known in a most uncomfortable way. I don't look pregnant at all--I just look like I've drank a lot of beer in my life.
~Clothing is annoying. None of my old clothes fit, and I'm not big enough yet for maternity clothes. Yuckola. And why does no one make none control-top tights or panty hose anymore? When did they decide that all women want to be tightly constricted around the waist?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home