Thursday, March 6

Today's Top Stories

I think a minimum age should be imposed on newscasters. I'm so sick of the young earnest kids relaying the news with the "appropriate" facial gestures and the I'm-being-serious tone of voice. These guys all took acting 101 and quit there. You'll never see someone older making those ridiculous eyebrow moves and the frowny face only to switch to the smiley face two seconds later. Dan Rather and Tom Brokaw deliver the news. They don't emote it.

This morning I made the mistake of turning on the TV while I ate my Raisin Bran. I have plenty of time in the morning, but it never feels like it because I glue myself to the computer and answer e-mail or blog (like right now). But this morning, I'm feeling a little queasy and headachy (which I've been feeling for the past three months, but have been unable to mention before), so I decided to relax this morning. Of course, I forgot that you can't relax to the morning news. First of all, CNN gives me a headache with all the fuss on the screen. I don't care what the weather is in Vancouver (does anyone ever stick around long enough to get the weather in his or her own city?) and I find myself staring at that ridiculous crawl in an odd daze, unable to hear what the newscaster is saying. Not that that's bad. As I've mentioned before, I can't handle the news these days (can you say hormonal weepies?). Why I thought CNN would be a good way to start my day, I don't know. I got enough of a taste of bombings and confrontations on my local NPR station. It's all enough to make me go running back to my computer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home