Monday, July 7

I Don't Even Know What a Regression Is

My pregnancy hormones have been more or less in check except when it comes to Adam and his reading. He's great about reading to the baby (our favorites are the two Sandra Boynton books we have: But Not the Hippopotamus and Barnyard Dance!, although I personally love reading him Let's Nosh [a present from Kara] so he's indoctrinated young about his culture. The culture of eating, that is), but I feel like he's been less than stellar on reading about the baby. We'll be taking a weekend intensive childcare/birth class that I don't think is going to be able to cover all the bases, so I'd like him to be gaining a little knowledge on what to do when the labor pain goes to eleven, how to deal with a psychotic post-partum mom, and how to shut up a screaming newborn (you can tell I'm going into this with rose-colored glasses on). Well, he's on yet another business trip and this time he brought along the Sears' The Attachment Parenting Book: A Commonsense Guide to Understanding and Nurturing Your Baby. I'm pleased. Very pleased. But also becoming slightly frightened. He e-mailed me the following while waiting for a connection at Heathrow: "I read a bunch of attachment parenting- pretty interesting- a little vague, but seems to make a lot of sense to me. I'm gonna strap the baby to me and read him cases and numbers. he'll be doing regressions by the time he's 2." Sigh. Brown Brown doesn't stand a chance of turning out to be a normal, non-geeky kid, does he?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home