Thursday, July 3

Way to Get Someone's Hopes Up

At the supermarket today, I restocked my supply of O'Doul's, which according to my OB, is as wild as I can get with my drink choices (although, interestingly, if you go to the O'Doul's site and enter in a birthdate that makes you younger than 21, you get a message that reads, "Sorry, even with 0.5% alcohol you still must be 21 to enter O'Doul's.com." Yet, it's sold in grocery stores that don't have liquor licenses [which is any liquor store in the dry town of Arlington--I was in Watertown] and I'm pretty sure you can buy it as a minor. What's up with that?). The clerk was a chatty, pleasant kid, and he asked me, "Is this an alcoholic product?" Excitedly, I said, "No, why? If it was, would you have to card me?" He looked at me and said, "Oh, no. It's just if it's alcoholic, I'm not allowed to ring it up. By Massachusetts State Law, you have to be over eighteen to ring up alcohol." Hopes dashed. I had thought maybe he mistook me for a white-trash teen mom-to-be boozing it up. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home