Friday, June 20

Glimpses of Singleton Life

Adam's been traveling loads for work. He just called--he's back from Berlin (and can you believe it? He was there for five nights and he didn't have wiener schnitzel once! The freak), and on his way home. It's good to have him home, but I have to say, there are pleasures in having the house to oneself. For starters, I got to spread my pillows out all over the bed (the leg pillow, the body pillow, the wedge pillow--all required to get me to sleep at night). Secondly, I got to eat over the stove, just like in the old days. I don't feel too guilty about this, because the last time Adam called, he asked, "How's my beautiful lawn?" After responding he asked, "How's my beautiful son?" And then finally, he asked, "And how's my beautiful wife?" Nice to know where I fall in the scheme of things (he didn't ask about the Red Sox because he's been following that himself online). I will say, though that the house gets quiet and is a little scary when he's not around, so I'm ultimately relieved that he's finally home. Besides, taking out the trash myself sucks big time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home