Wednesday, June 11

Setting Goals

Okay, so I can't marathon this year, for obvious reasons. However I will be running the New York marathon in 2004. I signed up for this year, and since I'll be canceling before the race begins, I'm guaranteed entry for next year. I was a bit unsure about doing this so I e-mailed the marathon people to ask them is this was kosher (signing up when I knew I couldn't run to guarantee my entrance for next year; I tried to run last year but didn't get a lottery spot), and they said absolutely. I'm guessing they overbook hoping a number of people will cancel. Plus, they collect my race entry fee this year and next year, so it's an easy way for them to raise a little extra money. I am PSYCHED! I've really missed running lately. With the temperature so reasonable these days, I've a hankering to get out there and move. That changes, though, the second I step outside and find that walking twenty feet has me running back home for the bathroom. That and I'm completely out of breath all the time. But as soon as I'm allowed (six weeks after giving birth, I think), I'll be back on the road (or the treadmill, as the case may be). Anyone who's in New York on November 7, 2004, will have to come cheer me on. And now that I've told all of you about it, you'll have to keep me to this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home