Wednesday, June 11

Let Me Eat Cake

So, now more than ever, supposedly, I'm to watch what I eat. Studies have shown that Brown Brown can now taste what I'm eating through the amniotic fluid. According to What to Expect When You're Expecting, I should be eating lots of broccoli and the like now, so that Brown Brown will develop a liking for good healthy veggies. Um, great idea in theory. But today we had a cake to celebrate June birthdays during an editorial meeting (chocolate with vanilla frosting, my favorite), and since I am one of those June birthdays, it would have been rude for me to not partake. And I swear, I distinctly heard Brown Brown urging me to have that second--and third--slice. And he's so young and cute, it would be a shame to deny him what he wants now. Of course now he's dancing along inside in celebration of chocolate. If only he'd get out of my ribs already. It's not the most comfortable feeling. I guess Brown Brown is determined to have a sweet tooth. Hey, my mother did it to me, I can do it to my kid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home