Tuesday, June 17

I'm Getting Soft

Or maybe it's just that I'm getting tired. When I got a phone call from a workman yesterday and he asked for Mrs. Medros, instead of my usual, "This is Adam's wife, Jenny Brown. What can I do for you?" (and yes, I use the word wife there, because it's simpler than not--another way I'm going soft), I simply said, "Yes." And today when one of the workman asked if I was having a boy or a girl and I said, "boy," and he said, "You're lucky. You won't need to repaint the room" (Adam's office was and the future nursery is a light blue), I didn't launch into my long speech about how the room was painted blue with the assumption that we were having a girl and that I refuse to give into gender stereotypes and the only reason the room will remain blue is I don't have the heart to ask Adam to repaint it; I merely said, "Yeah, you're right." Repeat after me: the world does not have to be my battlefield. The world does not have to be my battlefield.

Is it nap time yet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home