Wednesday, June 25

The Birthday Post

I'm advanced age. Today, it's official. Woman giving birth at the age of 35 are advanced age, and while I knew that when I got pregnant at the tender young age of 34, today is the day I cross that barrier into advanced age. Had Brown Brown been a premie, I could have still been a young mom. But since (thankfully) he's still on schedule, I'm doomed to be an old mom.

And I don't think I'm allowed to watch MTV anymore as I'm now out of the oft-sought-after 18 to 34 demographic. I think I'm required to only watch VH1 and Oxygen now that I'm in the more lucrative yet less glamorous 35 to death group.

But overall, it's a much better birthday than last year. Last year, I spent much of my birthday at the car repair shop. Adam was three time zones away. I didn't have a job or a place to live. And it was HOT! This year, I have my brand-new car that's stylin'. Adam is only two time zones away. I not only have a job and a home, but I also have a Brown Brown. Although it's still HOT! But this year I have AC.

Do you realize that if I die at the age of 70 then today I am middle aged? Ponder that one!

I feel like I should impart some wisdom now that I'm older and wiser. At the moment, I'm drawing a blank. If I come up with anything else, I'll let you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home