Thursday, August 21

Hospital Conflicts

As I've mentioned in the past, my office (my office until tomorrow evening that is!) is in Kenmore Square and from my cubicle window, I have a picture perfect view of Fenway Park (and I'm still not sure why Adam got so angry with me the other night when I saw a news report that teased, "Improvements are being made at Fenway," and I said to him, "What? They're going to bring in a winning team?"). I believe I've also mentioned that our hospital is just on the other side of Fenway (if I weren't such a waddling mess and it weren't 90 degrees, the hospital is actually walkable from my office). I just never put the hospital and Fenway together until this morning, as I noticed for the first time as I was driving to work the new banners on the street lamps in the neighborhood. On them is a picture of a baseball with a Band-Aid on it. Beneath it, it reads, "Beth Israel Deaconess: The official hospital of the Boston Red Sox." Apparently, this coalition didn't begin until April--after we had picked the hospital--so I can't accuse Adam of insidiously trying to indoctrinate Brown Brown into the culthood (yes, it is a cult) of Red Soxdom. However, I will say I'm not real comfortable with this alliance. After all, what happens if Pedro is injured the same day I go into labor? What will Adam do? How does he choose between a glimpse of his hero and the birth of his son? I mean, hey, if we were at the official hospital of the Miami Dolphins, and I had to choose between giving birth or hanging with Dan Marino, I gotta say, I'd probably pick Dan. Luckily, I think Adam is made of stronger stuff than I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home