Sunday, August 10

Hitting the Bottle

After yoga class on Saturday (the very same yoga class that at one time I said, "Oh, it's so easy," and I now break a sweat in when it comes time for leg lifts. The same class where I laughed every time the teacher said, "Only do what you can," thinking who can't do this? and now, hey, I can't do half the poses and I just sit there in a tailor pose while the rest of the class bends. The same class where I marveled when the teacher would look right at someone and say, "Women in their last month will need more modification," and I'd think, "Wow, last month, that'll never be me," and now, it's me!), Adam and I hit Target to purchase yet more baby and mom supplies (how much crap do we need?): baby wipes, diaper cream, infant Tylenol, breast pads, syrup of Ipecac. We need bottles, because I plan on pumping enough that Adam will be able to feed as well, only we got to the bottle aisle...and froze. All the advice our breastfeeding teacher gave us shot clearly out of our head. "Is it better to get this nipple or this nipple?" I asked, staring at the array of bottles and nipples. "What was it she liked? The Gerber bottle with the Playtex nipple? Or the Playtex bottle with the Gerber nipple?" Adam just picked up package after package after package, reading the backs and putting them back down again. His most helpful comment was the one-word utterance, "Idunno." "Do we need shaped or straight? Is the wide nipple what we want? Or the curved?" "Idunno." After fifteen minutes of just staring, we finally gave up and decided we better actually read the pile of handouts we got in all our classes that we merely stuck in a pile and said, "We'll get to this one of these days." I think this week will be a major reading kind of week. And we'll get the bottles another time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home