Friday, August 1

Anxiety Mounts...

How is it possible that it's already August? How is it possible that we need to be completely prepared to welcome Brown Brown in just twenty days (that's full term)? How is it possible that my to-do list has not only not gotten shorter, but is expanding?

Breastfeeding class last night. Definitely very helpful. Although how they get women to volunteer for those videos is beyond me. There's no way I'd give birth and then let some La Leche breastfeeding tyrant manhandle my breasts for a camera (and I mean "manhandle." This woman was grabbing on to this poor women's boob to show us how it was pink and sore because she breastfed wrong. Hello! It's sore! Get your hands off of it, then!).

I'm considering leaving work earlier for two reasons: 1) I have one more article to turn in for work next week, and then I'm pretty much done. No one wants to assign a new article to a woman who's ready to burst (nor do I want them--I'm not in the mood to go trekking around town chasing people down for interviews). And I don't want to take on any projects that I may not finish. 2) Brown Brown ain't turned yet. According to the OB, there's an excellent chance he won't turn, because he's very nicely wedged his butt into my pelvic bone, right where his head is supposed to be (Adam was visibly relieved. "You mean he physically can't turn? He's not just stubborn?" he asked me. I asked, "Were you really concerned that this was a sign that we were going to have a difficult, stubborn child?" "Yes," he admitted). She recommended an acupuncture technique, but one of the side effects is it can bring on early labor, apparently (and if it doesn't work, then it's a simple matter of a c-section, but we don't need to worry about that for a few more weeks yet). So I'd schedule it for late in the month and if I go, I go! But by leaving work early, I can prepare for an early baby as well as have some peace of mind as I check things off my to-do list. Besides, Adam has a week off between work and school, and it would be nice to actually get to spend time with him alone. Our last gasp at freedom, kind of like that last summer vacation before you enter the "real world." The world is about to get as real as it can get for us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home