Monday, July 28

Newborns 101

So yesterday's all-day babyathon was much better for me than Saturday's. Nurse Nancy only mentioned the procedure that shall not be named once. We spent a while playing with dolls, putting on diapers, swaddling, and burping (note: I'm sure this is not indicative of his fathering skills, but Adam is a sucky swaddler. Hate to say it, but it's a fact. However he excels at diapering, and I will be more than happy to pass that chore over to him). We watched the sequel to Saturday's "Hello Baby" video, which was "Hello Parents." Only one visible birth and a lot of very tired parents. The amount of reading material and information was still overwhelming (must remember to measure slats around stairs, check with pediatrician about Hep B shots, buy a pacifier even if we swear we'll never use one...), but it was info we needed and one of these days, we may actually read everything they gave us (yeah, right). Not wanting to repeat Saturday evening (where I had a minor meltdown that consisted basically of "I'm sick and tired of being tired! I'm sick and tired of this head jamming me in the ribs! I'm sick and tired of being pregnant!"), we decided to head home right after class and take it easy. I'm in cooking mode--I made six batches of spaghetti sauce to put in the freezer; next week I'll start in on casseroles of some sort--to minimize cooking needs during the weeks after birth. It's weird that it's not too early to be doing this (as Pregnancy Weekly says today, "You have 44 days or 6 weeks left, and are 84% of the way there. "). Then, it was an almost relaxing evening--I'm close to done with the baby sweater I'm making and we watched Sex and the City (relaxing) and the Red Sox game (so not relaxing).

Now I face the work week with less excitement than normal. I have two stories to write, which means I shall be filling my days with finding new and inventive ways to procrastinate (it's always like that when the research is done and all that's left is the writing). I'm tired, and I'm way too preoccupied with baby to be thinking of anything else right now. My to-do list is a mile long and all I can think about is, I'd rather be checking things off my list. Although, "blog about weekend" was on the list. Check!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home