Friday, August 15

Nutin' to Say

I haven't blogged in a while because there's been nothing to say. I realize, though, that we're getting to the point where if I don't pop in and say hi, people may think I've, well, popped. ("This is day number 254 and you're 36 weeks pregnant! You have 26 days or 4 weeks left, and are 90% of the way there.") But I haven't. Really everything is the same (baby hasn't turned, my ankles are still gone, my mid-section is ever-increasing) except that perhaps I sleep less and I'm more cranky. The wedding dress sale at Filene's Basement is happening today in Boston. That's the one-day sale where all the wedding dresses are on racks and priced at $249; from the store's site: when the doors open at 8 a.m., "it takes less than 60 seconds for the racks to be stripped bare. Shoppers grab as many gowns as they can carry and drag them off to a corner, strip down to their underwear, and start trying on dresses. Minutes later they begin a complex system of trading." The site even includes ten tips for success. I have a coworker who's getting married next year and I tried to convince her that we needed to go to the sale, really more so I would have something new to blog about than out of any altruistic feelings of wanting to help her find her dress. But she found the whole thing rather intimidating and decided to pass. There was also much talk of "Is it really safe for a woman who's nine months pregnant?" but I figure I'm the safest one there: I've got extra padding and a bonus layer of annoyed chutzpah.

So, with my friends as little help, there's nothing to report. My pregnancy calendar at Baby Center no longer has a "next month" for me, which is mildly freaky. Adam and I took an infant CPR class last night, but nothing of excitement there. And in just five days, I'm officially full term, which means the little guy is cooked.

Jenn's coming to town to visit this weekend. So I'll put the onus on her to be interesting so I have something to blog about. No pressure, of course, or anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home