Wednesday, September 10

Hitting Rock Bottom

On Monday, I was so sleep deprived, I couldn't fall asleep. It happens you know, when you hit that point that you're just too tired to sleep. So I broke down and did the unthinkable: I turned on daytime TV. Oh my, if you ever want to feel better about your own life, just watch a bit of daytime television. First a side note: I find all the commercials on daytime television to suddenly be alarmingly relevant to my life. Ouch. Okay, back to my point: Out of a morbid curiosity, I watched the premiere of the Ellen, Ellen Degeneres's new daytime talk show. Right up front, I have to say, I think Ellen is funny. She's one of the few stand-up comedians who can routinely make me laugh. Well, until now, at least. The show was so embarrassing, I was cringing for her. Jennifer Aniston was her guest and the conversation was excruciating. They discussed which way toilet paper should be hung. Seriously. And to make matters worse, they got it wrong! (They are both devout over-the-roll people, when any sane person knows that toilet paper needs to be hung under the roll.) I didn't make it through the entire episode, because I can't stand watching people make compete jerks of themselves. And it cured me of daytime TV!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home