Wednesday, December 17

Beautiful Is Better Than Brainy Anyway

Thank goodness the Doodlebug is the cutest baby ever. Because he certainly isn't the smartest. He fell asleep on my lap, as he's wont to do, and at one point while I was reading my book, I felt this odd sensation. I looked down and saw that the Doodlebug was trying to latch onto my stomach in his sleep. He's also still furiously trying to insert his entire fist into his mouth. Sometimes, when that doesn't work, he'll try to insert both fists into his mouth simultaneously. I've told him that if he can put his entire fist in his mouth, I'll give him twenty bucks. If he can get both of them in there, then I'll up it to fifty bucks. He's taken the challenge seriously but has yet to succeed. I would also like to point out that as your typical overindulgent parent, I have bought the Doodlebug more than his fair share of "developmental toys" (they claim to help your child improve his skills; I think all they do is "develop" parents into major consumers) but what does he like to play with best? His burp clothes. Strip that baby naked on his changing table and give him a burp cloth to grab and gnaw on and he's the happiest person ever. I'm just relieved he has those good looks to trade on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home