Wednesday, November 24

Turkey Talk

I'm not going to write much because really there's no one reading this. When it goes live, everyone will be with family or preparing their Thanksgiving meals (as the Tweedle Twirp is doing right now, putting together an apple pie for tomorrow, or as Doodles would say, ahhhh-ple! He doesn't know how to say pie) or out seeing old friends (I heard on the radio that tonight is actually the biggest bar night of the year as people go home and go out with friends and family, which I guess makes sense). So I'll just give you a few little tidbits from our Thanksgiving-to-be:

  • We're brining our turkey for the first time ever, just as the federal government's new guidelines say not to wash turkeys.
  • The cranberry sauce, squash, pumpkin cake, and spiced nuts (for the salad) are all already made.
  • Our father is missing the annual pilgrimage to Wilson Farms on Thanksgiving Day morning to pick up the three things we forgot (and somehow it's always three things that are forgotten).
  • Every year around noon someone says, "Hey, what about lunch?" And there we all are, starving, with the oven full and the stove burners full, not that anyone feels like cooking anything else. Solved that problem this year. Making chili tonight in the slow cooker so no one passes out midday from starvation. The pre-dinner noshing will be chili, pumpkin bread, and mulled hot cider while we watch the Thanksgiving Day Parade and then football. Although my mother said the weather might be bad enough tomorrow that they wouldn't have the balloons in the parade, however, my mother has been wrong--oh, let's just say--once or twice before.
  • Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Has been for years. Yeah, Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

1 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

I'm reading this! I'm reading this! And you're making me hungry!

P.S. I have trouble with the comment function on your blog some days. Could be just me though.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home