Wednesday, May 4

One of Us Needs a Nap

Some weeks I just don't feel like posting and this is one of them. My desire to post is often in direct correlation to Doodles's napping schedule. Today, for instance, is a no-nap day. He slept for exactly six minutes in the car and then refused to do the transfer. So now I have an eye-rubbing yet awake Doodles who won't go anywhere near his crib and he thinks he can get away with it (which, I suppose, he can) because he just looked up to me from his toy truck and said sweetly, "Hi!"

However, I have the ability to blog because I did the toy rotation today. Doodles has more toys than... well, to be honest, he probably has many toys as your kids have, but you know that's an awful lot of toys. I only put out about a third or a half of his toys at a time and keep the rest hidden in the basement. Then, periodically, I do a rotation, hiding some current toys and pulling out toys he hasn't seen for a while. He has a small ride-on truck that makes lots and lots of noise that the last time he saw, he was too young to use (despite that the age range on the box said 10 to 36 months--it lied). It's been keeping him occupied for much of this day. Of course now, my child who is supposed to be smarter than a monkey (but who is giving us plenty of evidence that either monkeys are incredibly dumb or the theory is a bunch of malarky) is using his riding toy as a step stool, which mean any minute now I'll be running to pick him up from a face plant. Can you tell I'm cranky? I am so totally cranky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home