Wednesday, July 27

What's New with Sugar Face

Blogging is going to be a little tricky, as I can no longer sit. Well, I mean I can sit, but after about five minutes, I'm in pain, so sitting really isn't an option for me. So I can either stand at the computer, which puts the keyboard at pretty much knee level, or I can sit on my fitness ball (as I'm doing right now), which puts the keyboard at chest level. Either way, typing is not that easy.

Sleep is now a thing of the past. Between the vivid dreams, the inability to roll over, and the constant need for a bathroom trip, I'm pretty much through with sleeping until, oh I suppose, we Ferberize Sugar Face.

We have gone ahead and hired a doula. While I am not actually planning (read: I haven't taken classes or anything) a natural birth, I'd like to see if I can do it. As far as I was concerned, the worst thing about the C-section was the epidural. It really terrified me. So we found a doula who has helped other unprepared folks go the natural route. On the other hand, she is also open to medication, so if I change my mind midstream, she'll support that choice as well. I feel pretty good about our decision to use her and I think it's making both Adam and me feel more comfortable with this whole alien "labor" idea.

My weight gain had been pretty slow most of the pregnancy, but I'm really making up for it my third trimester, which is kind of shocking as it doesn't seem like I'm actually eating that much--there's not a whole lot of room for food in there! Sugar Face is making lots of very big dramatic movements that are starting to ache. I'm also having Braxton Hicks like crazy.

My very kind Tuesday playgroup threw us a surprise shower. It was such a great feeling and the cupcakes and snacks were yummy (hmmm, maybe I'm starting to understand that weight gain) and they were incredibly generous with a gift certificate to Babies R Us. Which is great, because I still have lots I need to get (top of the list is a breast pump--I used a manual one last time and I will not make that silly mistake again!). Now I just have to get off my fitness ball and get shopping!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home