Wednesday, September 20

I'm Baaaack!

I'm finally out from under. I had a major writing job (which I'm still working on), a copyedit job, a proofreading job, a book review, a kids' event at our synagogue I was co-chairing, and hosting a baby shower for a neighbor. Of course, this was in the middle of Doodle's transition from day care to preschool, which means for a few weeks, I have a lot of Doodle time. I made it to Sunday, the event was over, the baby shower was over, most of the jobs were in and all I had left was the one writing job that I was looking forward to doing. I said to Adam before bed, "Yeah! Tomorrow I get three whole hours to myself to get some solid work done." I was excited thinking about the pot of tea I'd make, the quiet house, me and my work. So, of course, I wasn't surprised the next morning when I got home from my run and Adam said to me, "We have a big problem" (and wasn't it sweet of him to say "we" when it was clearly "me" who had the big problem?). "Sweetie Pie is running a fever." The definition of fever at Sweetie's day care is 100.4. She had 100.6. I know she did it on purpose. Just to piss me off. The fever was of course gone by the next morning. That girl. Always gets what she wants, one way or another.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home