Monday, March 23

On Our Own Again

We've got separation anxiety going on here. Serious, serious separation anxiety. The kind that keeps you up at night and leaves you in cold sweats. Because we are about a week away from the contractors being done. And leaving. Us. Me. No more, "Hey, I can't quite reach that. Can you put in that light bulb?" Or, "What do you say? Should we hang that mirror there?" Or what about, "This shelf is sticking. Could you get it in the proper place for me?" Forget live-in maid or cook. I want a live-in contractor. Every time we've had any oddity ("Is that supposed to do that? Is that making a funny noise? I wish we had an outlet there"), it's been a simple matter of "Oh, Leo will be here in the morning. We can ask him."

But it will end. The punch list is just about punched. The shingles are shingled. We've got a single stair rail to go up outside. We've got gutters to go up. But that's really about it. We've got just mere days of "ask Leo."

And I'm not sure I can handle it.

But it's time. Time to let go. Time to grow up and enjoy my brand-new grown-up house all on our own. And speaking of brand-new house, I believe I've been delinquent on photos. Today I give you the kitchen. I was going to wait until it was nice and clean and everything put away, but I thought you'd want photos sometime this year, so here it is in all it's everyday-use glory.

The old kitchen:


See those expanses of counter space? The beautiful cabinets? The aisles of storage space?


Note, here, the oven hood that Adam installed that prevents the cabinet next to it from opening all the way:


The new kitchen. Not the best pictures because you can't truly see my beautiful 36-inch stove, but I'm too lazy to take more photos:


We couldn't get a proper mud room into the house, so we now have a new side entrance and cubbies for each of us:




With Adam's master Elfa pantry. I haven't mastered the wide shot of the small space, so you can't really see it in all it's true glory, complete with my lovely drawer labels. There's a whole wall on the right with more shelves and drawers:


(And I have a secret: we'll need to replace our front windows and front door soon. Leo may not have seen the last of us yet!)

More rooms to come...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger pepe said...

Very beautiful, Jenny! Thanks for sharing. Love the cubbies - we def need something like that in our house. Ana-Maria

1:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the color very bright and I bet it wakes you up in the morning!

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home