Tuesday, July 2

My new home away from Kinko's: the Natick public library. Would be great, except there's a time limit on the machines and the librarian is a beast.

The weather right now? A balmy 92 degrees. I've pretty much given up the idea of running. Doesn't seem to ever cool off. Once Adam gets here and things settle a little more (and this headache goes away), perhaps I'll start again. Speaking of Adam, he's busy trying to have his last day of work, only I've been calling him every five minutes with more errands he needs to get done before he flies out tonight. And of course, he's taking a super shuttle, which means he'll need to leave about three hours early. Good thing he's an expert multitasker.

Doing this on Netscape, which is too different. I like my old IE much better.

The drivers out here suck big time. When they want to make a left turn, the cross into the middle of the street and just hang out. Or, better, they stick their arms out the window in a "stop" signal to the ongoing traffic. Everyone does it. Annoying.

I had an informational interview with someone yesterday. I told him how disappointed I was that I didn't get a number in the New York marathon. "You should run the Boston marathon!" I told him I could never qualify for it. He shook his head. "Not a problem. You want to run the marathon, you let me know. I can get you a number." Whoo hoo! Making friends in the right places.

Tomorrow is the house inspection. Hope it all goes well. Did I mention why the folks are selling their house? They're missionaries... and they're going to Uzbekistan! And here I thought they were Jewish, with their Hebrew-English dictionaries and their Star of David on the fridge and their Semitic-sounding last name. On third look around the house I noticed the New Testament sayings and the bible study awards. No wonder they didn't mind leaving the porch swing behind! Uzbekistan does not seem like the place to drink lemonade on the porch swing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home