Monday, July 7

The End of the World as I Know It

As I called Adam in Vienna (he finally got a world cell phone from work) to give him the sad score of the Red Sox-Yankee game (1-2), a horrifying, evil thought occurred to me. This must be a sign of the apocalypse. We're talking evil of biblical proportion. Old Testament, real wrath-of-God type stuff. Fires and brimstone coming down from the sky, rivers and seas boiling, forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes, the dead rising from the graves! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!

What is it that has signaled the end of all that is good, you ask? Well, I realized I can now name more Red Sox players than I can Miami Dolphins. There's no saving us now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home