Wednesday, September 17

Cleanliness Is Overrated

The Doodlebug hates baths. I mean hate. Therefore, I hate giving him baths. He lets out these blood-curdling screams that break my heart. So, I think he should go dirty. I mean, he's only three and a half weeks old; who does he need to impress? But for some reason, Adam thinks he needs to be clean. So he insists on the bath. And of course if my baby is in trouble, I have to be there for him. But I make sure, all the while he's getting moderately clean (with all that screaming even Adam is willing to cut the bath a bit short), that Doodlebug understands that if it were up to his Mommy he could live happily in his filth all the time but it's his mean Daddy who's subjecting him to the watery torture. No wonder Doodlebug likes his mother the best.