Wednesday, November 12

Travelin' Doodlebug

So, the Doodlebug took his first vacation. Preparing was something else. I was so stressed out remembering to pack everything of the Doodlebug that I was practically out the door before I remembered I had forgotten to pack my own underwear.

We went down to Miami Beach so I could attend the wedding of a high school friend. Adam couldn't go to the wedding, because it was at five o'clock on Sunday, and he had an 8:30 a.m. class on Monday. However, I was nervous flying down alone for the first time with the Doodlebug, so Adam came down with us on Thursday and left on Sunday. The Doodlebug and I came back on Tuesday (my folks baby sat during the wedding). The flight back was rougher than the way down, because on the way down we flew during the Doodlebug's normal bed time, so he slept solidly on most of the flight and then all the way home to my parent's apartment. That combined with the six drunk twentysomethings behind us on the plane, and no one even noticed the few minor screeches the Doodlebug made. On the way home, though, it was a 1:30 flight so we flew right through prime fussy time. I think it was a real turning point in my metamorphosis to "mother." Despite the crowded plane and my complete and utter inability to carry a tune, I leaned into the Doodlebug's car seat and started singing "Close to You" in an attempt to quiet him down. It actually worked. I did, however, refuse to make eye contact with anyone around me after that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home