Saturday, November 27

Leftovers

  • Words I never thought I'd hear Adam utter: "I don't like the Wiggles. Well, at least, some of them."
  • After reading how toxic raw turkey is, on Wednesday night after brining the turkey, I bleached everything. I used bleach on the sink, the floor, the back wall, the counter, the side of the fridge, the front of the dishwasher. In the process, I also bleached the shirt I was wearing. Simply didn't think about it and got giant pale blotches across the front of my shirt. Which wouldn't be so bad... if I didn't do the exact same thing the next afternoon. Well, not exactly the same. The second time around I also bleached my pants.
  • My holiday shopping is absolutely complete and except for two items that have yet to arrive, everything is wrapped. The holiday cards have been made (every year I make my own and every year I think, "Why the hell am I doing this?") but not yet written and mailed--although they will be soon!
  • There was a specific toy I wanted for Doodles (and I'm not saying what it is because I'm also getting one for another friend's son; I don't think that friend reads my blog, but just in case...). I really wanted it for him even though he won't know or care one iota if he doesn't get it. The whole thing was really irrational. I ordered it from Amazon, but they went out of stock on it (not that I got an e-mail about it or anything--it may not be available till February and it took me wondering where it was to investigate my account. I'm still an Amazon fan--they brainwashed it into us--but come on, guys!). So I searched ebay. But it was a fortune on ebay and I just couldn't justify it. So I called the manufacturer and ordered it from them. Once done, I was quite pleased with myself. Until I realized, I'm that mother. I'm the mother who is beating up other mothers to get to that last Cabbage Patch doll on the shelf. Not pretty.
  • I've been pimping out my son. Now that he can kiss properly--puckering up and everything--we go out and I offer up his kisses to everyone. "Doodles, why don't you give G. a kiss? Oh, Doodles, why don't you give J. a kiss, too?" I just can't help it. It's so darn cute!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home