Wednesday, August 3

Busy Schedules

My big fear about having this baby is that I'll go late and have to have a c-section by default. As a VBAC(and for those who are curious, we found a doula!), I can't be induced (Pitocin can make the contractions strong enough to increase the risk of a uterine rupture), so if I go late, it's too bad for me!

So, I asked my OB, "At what point can I start doing the home inducing techniques?" She looked at me like I was crazy. "Like what?" she asked. "Like castor oil and stuff." She laughed at me. "Castor oil can bring on contractions, but it usually doesn't bring on labor. What it will bring on is diarrhea." "But will it hurt me?" "No," she said. "So when can I start?" She laughed again. "At thirty-seven weeks." Duly noted. At thirty-seven weeks, bring on the diarrhea.

Actually, Tweeds and I took a look at our calendars, and we've both decided that the most convenient day for Sugar Face to arrive is August 25. Do you hear that, Sugar Face? You've got your first appointment. Mark it in your Outlook calendar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home