Wednesday, June 14

Home Again, Home Again, Lickety-Split

Ah, back from vacation. I so didn't want to return. We had such a lovely time and I dreaded coming back to cell phones, e-mail, Internet, work, and all the other joys of home. But come back we did and it's really not so bad. This is one of those cases where the trip is so great you don't want to tell other folks about it, because you don't want anyone else encroaching on your spot. But you also want just enough folks to know about it that they come to the programs because you don't want the place to shut down. So I reluctantly tell you that the Wildflower Inn's Butterfly, Tots, Forget-Me-Nots program is superb! I wrote a review and posted pictures at TripAdvisor, so go see what I had to say there.

The high of the trip was... well, actually there were a lot of great moments, but I think my favorite was just chilling in the hot tub. But I also liked hiking up Burke Mountain with him, the look on Doodles's face when Adam and I rode by on horses, watching Sweetie light up at the other kids, the way Doodles was so into the tennis and air hockey and animals and cookies....

The low of the trip: As part of the program, we had a silly songs concert. The singer, Steve Lindholm, did a cute bit where he had all the kids throw imaginary balls around the room and he caught them and tied them up in a paper bag. He gave everyone a paper bag filled with his or her imaginary ball in it. We brought Doodles's imaginary ball back to the room. Doodles wanted to play with it, so I handed it to him. "I want a bigger imaginary ball," he said. So I cupped my hands wide and handed him a bigger imaginary ball. That's when the melt-down began. "No! No! I want the other imaginary ball! I want the other imaginary ball!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home