Wednesday, October 11

Ac-tu-allllllly

You like my new tattoo? The one across my forehead reading, "Sucker"?

For Doodle's sick day, he got to watch pretty much as many videos as he wanted. When I was a kid and I was sick, my mom would bring the TV into my room, and I had free reign with it. Well, since Doodles was (is) legitimately sick (103 degree fever) I pulled out all the kid videos I had from my Amazon days and let him go wild. One of the videos was Sesame Street: Let's Eat and in it, a bunch of kids eat pasta.

Doodles: I want to eat pasta! I'm going to have pasta for lunch.
Me: Really?
Doodles: Yeah, I'm going to have pasta for lunch.
Me: Do you want the fun-shaped ravioli?
Doodles: No, I want grown-up pasta.
Me: Are you sure? Are you really going to eat it?
Doodles: Yep!!
Me: I'm happy to make you pasta, if you really think you'll eat it. You're really going to try it?
[Today's blog is just full of things you already know the answer to, isn't it?]
Doodles: Yeah! I like pasta! I want to help you make it.

After deciding that he preferred linguine over spaghetti, after taking a couple of pieces of raw linguine and breaking them into tiny pieces, after being upset when I won't let him near the hot stove, the pasta is done.

Doodles: Make it cold. I don't want it hot.
Me: [running it under cold water] No problem! Do you want your pasta on a plate or in a bowl?
Doodles: Um... on a plate.

Plate makes it to the table. Doodles makes a great show of twirling his pasta on his fork. And twirling it. And twirling it.

Me: Do you need help eating it?
Doodles: No.
Twirling. Twirling. Twirling.
Doodles: Ac-tu-alllly [and, really, you have to see this to truly appreciate it the way he draws out the word; it's always accompanied by the nose scrunch]... ac-tu-allllly I want something else to eat. Ac-tu-alllly I don't like pasta.
Me: How do you know you don't like pasta? You've never tried pasta. You can't say you don't like something until you've tried it.
Doodles: I don't like pasta. I would like something else.
Um, yeah. Ac-tu-allllly, so would I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home