Wednesday, October 18

Run Jenny Run

The world is conspiring against me. My children are healthy. I am not. Last weekend was the weekend of my final long run before the marathon. I spent all last week on and off with a fever and was stressed I wouldn’t get my final long run did. On Sunday morning, I was determined to have my long run whether or not I was up for it. I did pretty well--22 miles at a 10:47 pace. That may have been a mistake. (Not that I ever make mistakes.)

I completely relapsed yesterday and I made it to the doctor’s office today (I’m one of those people who hates to call the doctor--I’ve gotten over that with my kids but I hate calling for myself) where I discovered I have a sinus infection. Of course, I couldn’t take the original drug the doctor recommended, thanks to that gigantic screaming toddler who has made herself at home on my chest. I’m allergic to her second choice drug, so her third choice drug it is. The kicker, though, is when she said, “Don’t be surprised if you’re not healthy enough to run your marathon. There’s a good chance you won’t be feeling well enough to do it.” As if! Cue the Chariots of Fire music, because no silly sinus infection is going to keep me from the starting line... and the finish line. Silly doctor!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home