Wednesday, October 3

Who's Child Is This?

I've blogged a few times before about how I'm shopping impaired. I hate shopping for myself. Can't stand buying clothes. Just don't see the point about shoes. They're something for your feet to keep them from getting stones embedded in them.

Pie has not inherited this lack of clothing/shoe lust from me.

A while ago, I needed to kill an hour with Pie.
Me: Pie! [Nice tone] Do you want to go to the playground! [Mumble] Do you want to go buy shoes? [Exuberant] Or do you want to go to STARBUCKS!
Pie: Shoes! Shoes! Buy shoes!
So I took her to the shoe store where she picked out a lovely pair of shoes (in the dark burgundy) for herself. (I myself finally replaced those 2001 Merrells... with another pair of Merrells. What can I say? I live dangerously.)

So, anyway, yesterday we were at a kids store as I was looking for a baby gift. Pie is having a blast. She picks up a (admittedly cute) baby hat. "Get this one, Mommy! This hat!" I explain it's not quite what I'm looking for. I'm still searching the racks when Pie comes bouncing over with huge smile on her face and a very fancy dress in her hands. "Mommy! I like this! I really like this!" I evaluate. She'd have nowhere to wear it, but it is a cute dress. "Buy this dress, Mommy!" I peek at the tag. She's even picked out the right size. And then I look at the price tag: $50. "Not a chance, kiddo," I tell her. "Put it back." She gives one sad, "But I like it!" but does put it back on the shelf for me.

My two year old has better taste in apparel than I do. Maybe I should let her take me shopping...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home