Friday, May 15

Support the Arts!

Most of you know that I won't run Boston until I can qualify. I always support my friends when they run for charities, but fund raising is so not my thing. I won't do it.

Okay, disclaimer aside, here's a little fund raising pitch for a friend of mine. Not for a charity, though.

My friend Geoff is making a film. Not just any film. A really cool film. He's trying to personally reunite the Kinks. He's got most of the film done, but he needs to raise funds for editing. I encourage you to watch the clip of his film, and then send him $10 or $20 (or more) to get this film completed. Folks will say to you, "Hey, have you seen that really cool new film, Do It Again?" and you'll be able to say, "Know it? I was an original investor in it!"

In his own words: "I need to raise just $3,500 to finish the editing. (That’s after already raising about $65,000 to make the film, in addition to what I've put in from my now deceased bank account.) My hope is that you view this request as you might one from for the local fire department’s fund or friends raising money for charity – minus the altruistic mission, of course. Because anything ($10, $25, $100) will be used wisely and prudently on pure Kinks film work.

"I don’t have much to offer beyond thank yous. I will do my best to organize informal screenings in Boston, New York and Raleigh in the fall for folks who helped me along the way.

"The film, as you probably know, features interviews with Paul McCartney, Sting, Zooey Deschanel, Brian Wilson, Paul Weller, Robyn Hitchcock and Clive Davis, among others. How about the Kinks? You’ll just have to wait and see..."



Pretty cool, huh? Go ahead and Paypal him at gedgers@mac.com or e-mail me (or him) for his address if you want to send him a check. Tell him I sent you.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home