Saturday, July 6

So it seems all of New England is in mourning today. The front page of The Boston Globe is all Ted Williams. I feel very disconnected since a) I'm not truly a Red Sox fan (but please don't tell Adam) and b) I find baseball to be berry, berry boring (does anyone remember that sketch besides my father?). We are going to see a game tomorrow, which I'm looking forward to even less since Adam told me that Fenway is probably the most uncomfortable stadium ever. Joy. The best baseball news I heard today was that there may be another baseball strike.

Spoke for a while with the family currently living in our new house. Really, really interesting folks. As I said to Adam, it's a shame they're the ones moving because they'd be really cool neighbors to have. They've been in Uzbekistan for the past six years, coming home during the summers. Their son lives in the house now. They have elementary- and junior-high-aged kids who live with them. Speak great Russian apparently.

I finished reading Mike Daisey's 21 Dog Years: Doing Time @ Amazon.com . It really wasn't as harsh on Amazon as it was on Daisey. Basically, this guy worked for a couple of years at Amazon, first in CS and then in Biz Dev. He was a slacker before he got to Amazon and he was a slacker while at Amazon. A very fast read. Not worth buying though. Happy to lend it to anyone who would like to read it. The most interesting part is there's a decent-sized riff on this guy "Catch" who is obviously Scott (big legendary parties for 300+ people; starting an Internet dog food company in his apartment on the side). So it might be worth reading for anyone who knows him. I didn't recognize anyone else in the book (well, except for Jeff and Risher who were named by name).

Hanging in Portsmouth right now at Adam's parents place. It's quite beautiful up here. A lot nicer than when I was here in December in one of the coldest stretches I'd ever experienced.

I've been really bad about keeping my notebook with me. Throughout the day I think, "Oh, I'll have to put that in my blog," but I, of course, always forget. When I get settled, I want to redesign my page. After using so many different computers, I notice that my home page appears really different in different browsers. I like Eugene's blog's redesign a bunch. I'll have to play around. When I have free time, of course. Or should I say If. By the way, it was pointed out that I don't have a link to Adam's blog in here. On my main page I have a link to his main page, but I think most people link straight to this blog. So, feel free to dive into his blog to get his side of things. I'll add a link here eventually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home