Wednesday, March 10

This Little Piggy Is a Piggy

Doodles has gone from hating food to being a bottomless pit. Gerber says that Doodles needs to be eating five servings of fruits and veggies a day, which is the equivalent of two and a half jars of food a day. The doctor said we should just keep feeding Doodles until he doesn't want anymore. "He'll stop opening his mouth, turn his head away, or do something to signal to you that he's done." On Sunday night, I put him in the high chair, and fed him his bowl of cereal with half a jar of bananas mixed in. Then I fed him some sweet potatoes (homemade--the equivalent, probably of about a jar) and a half a jar of peas. That little mouth kept bobbing open for more. So I gave him the other half of the jar. Bob, bob, bob. So I opened some carrots and gave him some. Bob, bob, bob. After three and a half jars of food plus the cereal, his little mouth was still going and I started worrying that either my child was too dumb too know when he's full or he has a thyroid problem. I cut him off for the night and put him on the breast, which he gobbled at as if he hadn't eaten in days. I was hoping to have a quarterback in the family, but it looks like I'm going to have a linebacker. I won't even mention what the solids do to his spit-up and poop. Yuck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home