Wednesday, March 22

A Consumer Is Born

I make these fabulous muffins. Really, truly yummy. I found the recipe on All Recipes and then modified it to make it my very own. It's made with oatmeal, zucchini, carrots, applesauce, oat bran, yogurt (and, okay, a buttload of sugar). They taste fabulous. You wouldn't know you were getting vitamins in it. Doodles, occasionally, will eat one of these muffins.

The other day, I asked Doodles, "Doodles, would you like a muffin?"

"Yes," he answered.

"Get in your chair," I ordered as I went to the freezer to pull out one of these delicious muffins. I nuked it for 45 seconds and then it was good to go. I put it on a plate and placed it in front of Doodles.

Doodles looked at the muffin. He looked at me. He looked back at the muffin. He looked back at me. Slowly, ever so slowly, his face began to crumple into that old familiar look of utter despair and anger. Tears began to pour from his eyes as he wailed, "Starbucks muffin! I wanted a muffin from Starbucks!"

Good God, boy, just eat your damn muffin.

He is not only his father's child, he is his grandfather's grandson. Oy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Roni said...

haha! Ella just knows that any stop to Starbucks means a snack. It's gotten harder to say no when there's a Starbucks in every Target and we're at Target all the freakin' time. She also loves the strawberry & cream drink. Yum!

3:11 PM  
Blogger Fran Loosen said...

I am so with you on this one!!! My son likes scones, or "special triangle bread" as he's dubbed it. Unfortunately, I got used to stopping at a coffee shop near a house we are renovating where "stb" abounds...now we live near there...which means that every time we drive by it's "SPECIAL TRIANGLE BREAD!!!! SPECIAL TRIANGLE BREAD!!!!!!" We drive by about 15 times a day. I feel for you. Although the "at home" muffins reminds me of the whole thing that Eddie Murphy used to do about his mom telling him that he didn't need a McDonald's burger, that she could make a better one for him at home. I'm guilty of the same thing :)

8:48 PM  
Blogger Fran Loosen said...

P.S. Can you post the recipe? I need help in the muffin arena, particularly if a small child will eat them...

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home