Wednesday, March 8

I Spy with My Little Eyes...

How is it if you ask my son to pick up the toy that is lying on the floor, that one, right there! No, the one right in front of your face. Doodles, look straight down. No not to the left. No, not on the ceiling. Doodles, please pick up the toy that is directly in front of you, right there, right on the floor, your foot is touching it--

Sigh. This toy, Doodles. This is the toy I wanted you to pick up. The one I just picked up.

Yet we walk into a Target and I go to get him a bathing suit because we'll be going to Miami soon and he's nearly grown out of his and I pick up an, admittedly rather unappealing, bathing suit in his size and ask, "Doodles, do you like this one?" he replies, "No" and proceeds to walk straight to the opposite side of the display, sticks his hand out, picks out the bathing suit that is three deep, and holds it up and says, "I want this one!" which, not coincidentally, is not only the ugliest bathing suit I've ever seen, but it's the only Thomas the Train bathing suit in the whole display and it's of course not quite in his size. What should I expect? His father has selective hearing. Doodles has selective vision... and, it should be noted, a size 2T Thomas the Train bathing suit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home