Monday, July 8

The Curse of the Bambino
I truly hadn't thought there was anything more boring than a Seattle Mariners game. Until I went to a Boston Red Sox game....


  • At least at Safeco Field, should the desire strike me, I could watch the game. I would look up from my seat, and see the game. At Fenway, when I looked up, I had a perfect view of the rotating billboard (Mach 3 razors, Power Strip on Right Guard, and Duracell Copper Tops, in case you were wondering). If I leaned forward in my seat and twisted my body completely to the left, I could sort of see the game.
  • At Safeco if you couldn't see what was going on, you could pick a monitor and watch it. At Fenway, there was one monitor so you could either see the line-up or the score or the action, but never all at once.
  • No flash. No fancy boards that read "Edgar is good" (or "Nomar is good" as the case may be).
  • At Safeco, there's room in your seat for you to sit with a little wiggle room. At Fenway, your leg is plastered to the guy next to you and there's no where to put a jacket or a purse if you're not holding it in your lap.


Of course, it didn't help that Adam forced me to eat an entire bag of cotton candy. Bleah. Felt sick all afternoon. And there's no sushi at Fenway. What kind of baseball stadium doesn't serve sushi? Luckily, I had Mine Hunt on my Handspring, so the day wasn't a complete loss. I did get pretty good at the "difficult" level.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home