Monday, April 14

A Rose by Any Other Name...

...would stink. Really. Try it. Call it cabbage. It just doesn't work. Which is why this name thing is so important. Forget the first name. What about the last name? Baby Brown? Baby Medros? Baby Brown Medros? Baby Brown-as-middle-name Medros? Baby Medros-as-middle-name Brown? Baby with other middle name and Brown-as-middle-name Medros? You can see the difficulties. I thought about asking you guys, and then realized if I didn't care what Adam thought on the situation, why would I care what you think? (Well, in all fairness, I do care a little what Adam thinks--it's just that he really doesn't seem to care, which means he really doesn't care or this is one of the most cleverly played out reverse psychology tactics I've ever seen.) So tonight, I suggested Brown as a first name. I mean, why not? And he said that would have been fine, if UPS hadn't gotten to it first. Now, I know I'm not the one in b-school, but isn't that just more incentive? I mean UPS has already gone through the branding exercise, so our son would just reap the benefits. The company claims loud and clear, Brown and a Better Life. They say, "Brown is more than a color -- it's a tangible asset that people associate with all the things that are good...." Would you rather have your kid associated with all the things that are bad? I rest my case. Although, that still doesn't solve the last name issue (Baby Brown Brown? Baby Brown Medros? Baby Brown Brown-Medros...).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home