Wednesday, October 1

Fun with Catalogs

The majority of my purchases are made online. I hate shopping. It's tedious, it's boring, and to be avoided at all costs. I've purchased everything online from the usual--clothes, books, music, movies--to the rather oddball--house numbers, a mailbox, pacifiers. What that means, though, is that I get on some pretty funky mailing lists. Now that I spend many hours on the couch with a baby on my lap, I find myself looking through whatever is close by, which is often the curious catalog. This week, it's been Posh Tots and Terry's Village. I'm now a catalog addict. I had no idea the things that I could buy! Shall we go seasonal this year? Buy a snowman rug and toilet seat cover? (Would that clash with the outhouse tissue box?) Or maybe I want a set of crib linens for $1,528? (Note to buyers: babies spit up. And pee. And poop. On everything.) Maybe for those days when I'm bored, I should play a little snowman tic tac toe. Of course, I should be a grateful that Doodlebug is a boy, so I won't feel the pressure to buy him the fantasy coach bed. Only three in existence and the price--a bargain $39,500, yes that's $39,500--includes having the craftsmen flown in from England to build it in your house. Boy, these guys really know how to target their mailings, don't they!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home