Wednesday, April 7

Mucous Madness

First it was the ears. I had to take Doodles in this week to have the wax cleaned out of his ears. It was not a pleasant trip. We had been putting drops in to help it along and then the doctor flushed the ears out with warm water. Poor Doodles. While there we went ahead and weighed and measured him to see if we can still use the infant seat. Sigh. The seat comes out this weekend. At 18 lbs, 14 oz, he's still in the weight limits, but he's finally hit 26 inches. He's still the shortest guy in the gang, but he's now officially too long for that seat. That means instead of just carrying the entire seat inside when he falls asleep in the car, we now will have to wake him to take him in because the seat doesn't come out of the car.

And then I did it--I jinxed us. As we left the doctor's office, I said to the office manager, "Well, hopefully we won't have to see you until our nine month appointment!" She said, "I hope not!" Which means we can place the blame squarely on me for Doodles current mucous situation. Only one word can describe it: copious. It's coming from his nose, we can hear it in his chest, it's oozing out his eyes. My little wheezing weasel is leaving a trail of slime. I already called the doc's office once and if he's still a fountain of snot, we'll be returning, not just before the nine month appointment, but within days of the last one. If we go in tomorrow, I'll be sure to say, "See you next week," in hopes of tricking the jinxster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home