Wednesday, April 9

Good Mommy

Adam questioned my parenting techniques. Was it "irresponsible" or "idiotic"? Can't remember. He seems to think it isn't a good idea, when it's an hour past your child's bedtime and said child announces, "I'm tired," to then crank up the iPod, hand the kid a drum, and yell at him, "No! Sleep! Till! Brooklyn!"

To my credit, he did rally. The kid that is. Not Adam. And Pie? She never let them see her sweat. She grabbed the guitar, started hopping up and down, singing right along. "Dance, Mommy!" she screamed over the music. I picked her up and did the mommy version of the mosh pit. I yelled, "Are you going to be a party girl, Pie?" and she yelled back, "Yea!" Finally, a child I can identify as my own!

To preschool folks reading this, don't be surprised when Pie shows up to school, bags under her eyes, yelling, "I've got to fight! For my right! To par-tay!"

Rock on, little kiddies. Rock on!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home